Your New Standard for Fast and Gentle Confocal Imaging
To get ahead in your research you may want to image the smallest structures, catch the faintest signals or track the fastest processes – or do all of that at once. When it comes to getting accurate data from live cells or other weakly-labeled samples, there is no such thing as too much sensitivity, resolution or speed. Each photon of emission light is precious.
With Airyscan you have the unrivaled combination of fast superresolution and sensitive confocal image acquisition at hand. Use multicolor samples with any label and get image quality like you’ve never seen before. Decide on this novel detector design and get a 4-8× improvement in signal-to-noise ratio (SNR) while simultaneously achieving a 1.7x increase in resolution. You will also be harnessing this unique combination of greater SNR and resolution at increased acquisition speeds of 27fps (at 480 x 480 pixels).
A New World of Confocal Performance
- Gain sensitivity, resolution and speed for all your experiments. Image with negligible phototoxicity or bleaching – without changing your workflow, sample labels or system operation.
- Airyscan’s unique Fast mode speeds up your imaging by a factor of four. This will propel you into the traditional domain of resonant scanning confocals without sacrificing sensitivity or resolution.
- Airyscan delivers superresolution with high sensitivity at 140 nm laterally and 400 nm axially. This transcends the deconvolution approach by preserving precious emission light normally rejected at a closed pinhole.
Increase Your Productivity
- Combine the Fast mode for Airyscan with Z-stacks and tiling to image even large sample volumes with high image quality.
- Collect all your fluorescent signals in one go. Parallel acquisition lets you investigate multiple labels in minimum time, equipped with the highest number of detectors of any confocal.
- Improve your image quality with the unique combination of parallel spectral acquisition and high speed GPU deconvolution.
- Make the most of large fields of view and the highest speed of any linear scanning confocal – ZEISS LSM 880 with Airyscan delivers up to 27 fps at 480×480 pixels in Fast mode.
Choose the Most Flexible Confocal
- Tailor Airyscan to your research needs with a choice of Superresolution, Sensitivity mode or the new Fast mode.
- Remove autofluorescence and simultaneously separate highly overlapping fluorophores in a single scan. This will minimize phototoxicity in the sample.
- Combine confocal imaging with single molecule techniques to gain mobility/concentration/oligomeric state information (FCS/FCCS/RICS/PCH).
- Select Airyscan’s Fast mode to perform functional multiphoton imaging deep inside your sample.