Your FE-SEMs for Sub-Nanometer, Low Voltage Images
Gemini Optics. Low Voltage. Variable Pressure.
The GeminiSEM family stands for effortless imaging: get sub-nanometer resolution and high detection efficiency, even in variable pressure mode. GeminiSEM 500 combines proven Gemini technology with a novel electron optical design. Achieve better resolution, especially at low voltage. With 20 times greater Inlens detection signal, you will always acquire crisp images fast and with minimum sample damage. The new variable pressure mode makes you feel like you’re working in high vacuum.
Get a flexible and reliable field emission SEM for your research, industrial lab or imaging facility. With the GeminiSEM family you always acquire excellent images from any real world sample.
More Detail at Low Voltage
- Resolve nanoscale details with high resolution and contrast at low voltages.
- At 500 V you can resolve 1.2 nm, at 1 kV you get 1.1 nm resolution. Or achieve a resolution of up to 0.9 nm by applying the optional beam deceleration – the Tandem decel. You always profit from perfect image quality, without requiring sample bias.
- Enjoy short time-to-image thanks to renowned Gemini technology.
More Signal at All Times
- Profit from improved detection efficiency with the new lens design of GeminiSEM 500. It boosts the Inlens SE signal up to 20 times compared to classic SEM designs.
- Increase efficiency and get maximum information from your sample by detecting exactly the right electrons.
- Either reduce time to image or work with very low currents to avoid sample damage.
More Flexibility With Variable Pressure
- Work in variable pressure (VP) mode and feel like working in high vacuum.
- Use true Inlens detection at variable pressure for the first time. Acquire images with high resolution, contrast and signal-to-noise ratio.
- Now, acquire crisp images from even your most challenging, non-conductive samples.
Based on Proven Gemini Technology
- The Gemini objective lens design combines electrostatic and magnetic fields to maximize optical performance while reducing field influences at the sample to a minimum. This enables excellent imaging, even on challenging samples such as magnetic materials.
- The Gemini Inlens detection concept ensures efficient signal detection by detecting secondary (SE) and backscattered (BSE) electrons in parallel minimizing time-to-image.
- Gemini beam booster technology guarantees small probe sizes and high signal-to-noise ratios.
More Detail. More Signal.
- GeminiSEM 500 comes with a novel electron optics: the newly designed Nano-twin lens further improves resolution at low beam voltages.
- Profit from improved resolution and better detection efficiency by applying a deceleration voltage to your sample – with the Tandem decel you achieve sub-nm resolution below 1 kV.
- The Inlens detector signal is boosted by up to 20 times under low voltage imaging conditions. You will always acquire crisp images fast and with minimum sample damage.
- The high resolution gun mode minimizes chromatic aberration and allows even smaller probe sizes.
GeminiSEM 300 is the ideal choice for imaging large fields of view with excellent image quality and fast-time-to-image. With the Gemini optics you can count on efficient detection, excellent resolution and distortion-free, large area images.
Profit from the novel optical design that is tailored to low voltage imaging even for challenging samples, such as beam-sensitive or magnetic materials. Characterize your sample comprehensively: obtain unique low voltage, material contrast with the energy selective backscatter detector. Utilize the NanoVP mode: Image non-conductive specimens at high resolution with excellent surface sensitivity with the Inlens SE detector at higher pressures.
- Reduce charging on non-conductive samples.
- NanoVP technology reduces beam broadening and thus enables both imaging of high resolution details and true in-lens detection up to 150 Pa.
- Hence, Inlens SE and EsB detectors can be used, even simultaneously, in VP mode for high resolution surface and materials contrast imaging.
- Pressure can even be elevated up to 500 Pa using chamber VPSE detection for your most challenging samples.